Sunday, January 19, 2014

Thanksgiving and Christmas Festivities



Thanksgiving was the first holiday I have ever missed with my own family. It was really weird not going to my Aunt Doris and Uncle Jeep's house for their spectacular smoked dinner. I even missed out on family pictures that were actually coordinated this year. Although I missed being with my family, John's family opened their doors and gladly welcomed me into their large family. Only half of their immediate members could make it to Thanksgiving and the house was still full! If I counted right, 13 were there (did I say this is ONLY HALF of the Spearin clan?!?). I was lucky enough to get to be in the "girls room." It was a sleepover party every night with some pillow talk of shoes and clothes. It was unlike any family gathering i've ever been too.  It was rowdy, unorganized and the house was full of energy. It was great! It was really awesome to see how other families celebrate holidays and express their love toward each other. I have never been part of a big family and it was neat to get a taste of what being in the "Brady Bunch" is truly like. 









Because I celebrated Thanksgiving with John and his family, he spent Christmas with my family. It was great that he could make it. I am so glad his family let me barrow him for the holidays. John got to experience our extended family tradition of the "Big Family Gift Exchange" (which is smaller than his immediate family) and a small, quiet Christmas with the Brady's. I can only image how weird and eerily quiet our house was for John. Although my family events were not as crazy, we still had a good time. 

John with Moose and Rosie. They love him. John still isn't sure how he feels about them....








Emma Lou loves her attention











No comments:

Post a Comment